Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Hummingbird

Hi All, Hope you have had a fab weekend. I have been doing a bit of a makeover on my house and today I'm showing you a new piece of art that I created especially for my lounge room.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I always find it harder to do artwork for myself, then to create for others. Never the less I'm actually pretty happy with how it has turned out. It looks perfect against my latte colored walls...


I thought it would be a nice touch to fill some of the flowers petals with love letters from 1906.


This piece is full of different textures that I found on the net.
I especially love the turquoise and gold through the hummingbird.


I wanted to incorporate some subtle text into the design, just to pull everything together. Beau Jarden (Beautiful Garden) seemed to fit the piece perfectly.



Hope you like it. xo

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! This is stunning. The colors and textures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sara :) Im glad you like it. I had a lot of fun creating it too. xo

    ReplyDelete